Monday, December 18, 2006

Why I love Host Gator

So, I'm searching for web hosting resellers and happen upon my current reseller hosting provider: Host Gator.

When I signed up with Host Gator two years ago, they offered 500MB of disk space for $25 per month. Now, I see that they are offering 1200 MB for the same price. So, I write and ask if they could show some love to a long time customer and bump up my disk space.

Now, I'm still reeling from my Myriad Network experience, but I forge ahead. I get an email from sales at Host Gator. I brace myself before opening it.

I find myself reading a very well thought out response which outlines the REASONS Host Gator can't just bump up my disk space. I realize, I'm not angry at all. As a matter of fact, I'm feeling much more secure in my decision to host with Host Gator. At the end of this MAGNIFICENT email, I am given the opportunity to UPGRADE to the next level. For only $10 more per month, I'll get 4 X the disk space as I have in my current account.

They turned what could have been an ugly situation into one where I felt renewed loyalty to Host Gator. Not only did they keep a customer, but they're going to get more $$$ out of a current customer. NOW THAT IS A WIN/WIN situation.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home